Ang daming “the” no? Hehe. 2008 was really an unforgettable year to me and maybe to almost all of us. To continue what I have started last 2006 and 2007, I will write what I have achieved in the year that was. I will not and cannot include all, but here are some of the most unforgettable things that happened to my life and my blog in the year 2008:
1. I earned my first million (in PHP) from my online earnings, spent all of it and saved only 3,000 pesos in my bank account. That’s why I really hate myself, I should learn to save. Grrrrrr. I also received my first check from Adbrite, first payment via Paypal from AW Surveys, Kontera, and Chitika in the year 2008!
2. Joined a mini-SEO contest (this is the second SEO contest that I joined, but technically this is the first one. Because I did nothing when I joined Isulong SEOph. I created an Isulong SEOph site and watched my site go up in the SERPs by doing nothing. How lame, hehe). I almost won, just almost. Ranked 1st until the last month, but was defeated 2 days before the final checkpoint.
3. Participated on a World SEO Contest and placed 2nd on the first month, 7th on the last month and 12th on the last day. To cut the story short, I didn’t win.
4. Generated my highest Adsense revenue. Compared to 2006 when I only earned $1.00 and 2007 where I earned around $100.00. Now it’s bigger, I mean BIGGER!
5. Was featured on Manila Bulletin’s Blog-o-Rama by Annalyn Jusay. This was the second time my name was written on a newspaper! The first was when I passed the DOST-SEI scholarship program! Yay!
6. Was mentioned on Philippine Daily Inquirer’s Filipino blogs Suit Up for Business article by Anna Valmero
7. Ranked 1st in the Philippines’ Top 100 Blogs for 2008 based on Alexa, Feedburner, Google, and Technorati by Ratified.org.
8. Joined a lot of blogger events: food tours, field trips and many more!
9. Was featured on Manuel Viloria’s Adsense Success Stories.
10. Was included on Mihaela Lica’s Power Bloggers.
11. All of my HR designs was featured on Smashing Magazine. There are 1290 entries and only a few were featured that’s why I’m so so so happy and glad even if I didn’t win.
12. A lot of local bloggers and friends featured me and mentioned me in their blogs. And that’s priceless!
13. Was invited for a TV and Radio Interview for the first time, but sadly, I never made it (to both).
14. I transferred to a new apartment and I love my new apartment because it’s bigger and better compared to the old one even if it’s more expensive.
15. Registered more than 50 domains and created more niche blogs including Showbiz Gossips, Pinoy Fans Club, Patay Gutom, Kuris Kuris, Gizmosync, Free PSP Games, Lyrics Area and more!
16. Was so happy to be a part of the 2009 Blogger Calendar!
17. Was proud to be included in the Alltop.com by Guy Kawasaki under Top Philippine News. (Just browse down, PRC Board Exam Results website was also there! Yay!)
18. My chicken won the Bloggers’ Choice Award in the 2nd Philippine Blog Awards. (Chicken = Manok, or pambato, hehe)
19. Was the 2nd featured blogger in Nuffnang Philippines right after the world famous Bryan Boy! Yiheee!
20. My blog reached an average of 10,000 unique visitors daily from less than 1000 in 2007 and less than 100 in 2006
21. My RSS subscribers reached 6,947 from less than 1000 at the beginning of 2008
22. Was one of the judges of the recently concluded 2008 OFW Blog Awards.
23. Bought my first Air Conditioner, Wireless-N Router, Portable Hard Drive, and a Quad-core Desktop PC with 24″ HDMI LCD, Wireless Mouse and Wireless Keyboard! Hurray! (I also bought an ergonomic chair and a table for my oh-so-awesome PC!)
24. The word “Nyok” invaded the Plurk sphere, Twitter sphere and the Philippine blog sphere! Nyok Nyok Nyok!!!
25. I made a new Calling Card Design!
26. I took the Mensa IQ Challenge and Passed! I’m now a proud member of Mensa. Mensa has currently 170 members in the Philippines based on Mensa.org.
27. Was the first blogger in the Philippines to have a free LED advertisement at EDSA/Guadalupe (Courtesy of Nuffnang Philippines). If you saw it, your lucky because I never saw it live. It only appears 45x per day. Here’s preview:
For a larger preview, click here!
28. Was a part of the 2nd Mindanao Bloggers Summit’s success!
29. My Plurk Theme was featured in Plurk Themes! Yiheeeeeeee!
30. Made a lot of friends both offline and online. A link love to Hannah, Zaldy, Ada, Sab, James, Emz, Mike, Mica, Maki, Cai, Eligio, Jaypee, Massah, Anna, Tonex, Glen, Dexter, Shawie, Jun, Ronald, Alvin, Kenneth, Chiq, Edzhstar, Paul, McBilly, Donald, Bong, Tiffy, Rome, Karen, Donser, Jhelo, Jing, Roanna, Arpee, Poyt, Annalyn, Ate Dine, Ate Noemi, B’ley, Marcelle, Jayvee, Manuel Viloria, Camille, Ed, Jan, Bloggista, Gary Viray, Richer, Gary B, WiseCrunch, Sonnie, Ferdz, Enrico Dee, Rick, Reynz, Lasker, Sire, Chris, Gab, Fitz, Azrael, Lace, WiseCrunch, Aerin, Carlo, LA, Aldwin, Meiyah, Orville, Carl, Hussein, Gusher, Millionaire Acts, Mark, StarMars, Cesar, Praveen, and more! (In case I forgot to include you on the list and we became friends last 2008, please leave a comment below so that I can add you up! hehe)
31. And lastly, the Blue Stickman™ at Jehzlau Concepts was born!
Before I end my post, here’s the Chronicles of the Blue Stickman! Yay!
The first Blue Stickman was born on April 2, 2008 and shared about the tips on How to Sleep at Night.
Followed by a post about offline stalkers.
The Blue Stickman loves to say TNX!
The Blue Stickman also thinks about Money.
The Blue Stickman impresses his date with a Green Laser Pointer! Haha!
A remarkable internet tool was found by the Blue Stickman!
Someone was jealous of the Blue Stickman
The Blue Stickman wants to be free from Corporate Slavery.
The Blue Stickman needs another Credit Card.
After realizing the his first brain was full, the Blue Stickman needs a second brain!
The Blue Stickman had a break and visited the Blue Chocolate Hills!
The Blue Stickman finally decided to resign from his day job and wrote a cute Resignation Letter.
The Blue Stickman wants to buy a Nokia N78.
The Blue Stickman discovered how to earn dollars while searching in Google, Yahoo and Live!
The Blue Stickman was sick and tired of Smart Bro that was why he decided to look for the best ISP in the Philippines.
While walking in the mall, the Blue Stickman had his first glimpse on Nokia N96 and N79.
While the Blue Stickman was away, the Black Stickman was here to play!
Wordcamp Philippines 2008 Registration was closed and the Blue Stickman never made it!
The Blue Stickman shared about how to lose 4 inches of fat in just 2 weeks!
The Blue Stickman joined the best and most memorable blogger event in the Philippines!
After trying many ways to make money online, the Blue Stickman found out about how to earn from each and every unique visitor in your blog through Nuffnang Philippines!
After failing on his first attempt to greatness, the Blue Stickman made his second attempt!
The Blue Stickman campaigned for Batang Yagit to win the Bloggers’ Choice Award in the 2008 Philippine Blog Awards!
The Blue Stickman was so happy because Batang Yagit grabbed the 2008 Bloggers’ Choice Award! We received 71 votes and won against the famous blogs/bloggers: Mike Villar, Marhgil Macuha, Filipino Voices, and many more!
After a long long break, the Blue Stickman was back!
Because the Blue Stickman was very busy on making money while sleeping, he forgot to blog about these.
The Blue Stickman made a guest appearance on Eligio’s blog and hammered down Hagio Host!
The Blue Stickman was surprised because he ranked 1st in the Philippines’ Top 100 Blogs for 2008 during the Digital Filipino Networking Event and Philippines’ Top 100 Blogs recognition at PAGCOR, Parañaque City, Philippines.
The Blue Stickman thanks his readers because without them, he will not be featured in Nuffnang and mentioned in Inquirer.
The Blue Stickman was Spying Over Burn After Reading.
The Blue Stickman had an intelligent conversation with another Blue Stickman from an unknown planet.
The Blue Stickman had his first Sony Experience with his Sony DSC-T200
The Blue Stickman need suggestions on parts of a Desktop PC.
And Lastly, the Blue Stickman shared about the Evolution of Jehzlau Concepts!
Whew Kapagod Gumawa ng ganitong post.. hehe..
P.S.: My blog will be offline on January 9, 2009 due to a server maintenance. Jehzlau Concepts will be offline for about 3 to 6 hours because the server will be physically transferred to a new location, nuff said. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you really really really want to read my blog, you can still access my RSS feeds, hehe.