Yep, you read it right. The Philippine currency (PHP / Pesos) ranked 5th in the BTC volume by currency, worldwide. With total BTC volume of 2B pesos, next to Korean Won, Euro, USD and Japanese Yen. The Philippines is not that poor after all.
Currently driving. Will post more details later… (I can’t resist to make a blogpost while on the road, becuase I was surprised PHP reached top 5 by BTC volume, vs a few weeks ago when PHP didn’t even make it to the top 100).
UPDATE: After a few hours, 1B pesos worth of BTC was pulled out by one individual, resulting to a $100 BTC price drop and rank change of PHP currency in the BTC volume ranking from top 5 to top 6. Hong Kong Dollar now holds the top 5 spot.
Screenshot when PHP was top 5:
Checkout the live Market Analysis at https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/btc/analysis/USD
More from my site
- Poloniex 101: Newbie’s Guide to Buying and Selling Cryptos in Poloniex If you're already trading cryptos, then this post is NOT for you. This is a quick guide for those who have no clue how to buy and sell Bitcoins, and trade it to other coins like Litecoin, […]
- Where to withdraw your Bitcoins in PH after the SegWit2x Hard Fork this November? If you're using Coins.ph to convert your BTC to Philippine Pesos like me, then you won't be able to use it anymore after the SegWit2x Hard Fork this November 17, 2017 or Block 494,784. For […]
- Why you should NOT buy Bitcoins from Coins.ph I love Coins.ph, it's convenient to buy mobile load, pay bills, and to send cash to anyone even without an ATM card or bank account. I recommended Coins.ph as a way to buy Ethers in the […]
- Crypto Currency PHP Tracker + Live Race Viewer According to world renowned Scientists (Yeah. I made that up), those who bought crypto currencies are monitoring it since the day they bought it. And when the price drops while looking at […]
- Where to buy IOTA in the Philippines? After Segwit2x was cancelled yesterday, people had been rushing to IOTA, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other coins. I received a lot of e-mails lately where to buy IOTA directly using their USD […]
- Where to buy Ethers in the Philippines? Let's go straight to the point. Where to buy Ethers if you're located in the Philippines. Oh wait, you don't know what Ethers are? Read this Wikipedia article about Ethereum, or this very […]