This WordPress blog is currently running on HHVM (Out of curiosity, I just switched even if I haven’t tested it yet locally). If you noticed some errors on specific pages in this blog, please do leave a comment below so that I can check it out. So far, HHVM seems to be pretty fast and I got no issues with the latest WP version 4.7 and all plugins installed (W3TC, All in one SEO, Jetpack, and other necessary plugins to keep this blog breathing). If you don’t have any clue what HHVM is, it stands for HipHop Virtual Machine. HHVM is developed by the geeks over at Facebook. According to Wikipedia, it is an open-source virtual machine based on just-in-time (JIT) compilation that serves as an execution engine for the PHP and Hack programming languages. Check out this wiki to know more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HipHop_Virtual_Machine
I’ve been itching to try HHVM 2 years ago, but the old WP version wasn’t compatible without a few core tweaks. Good thing, the recently released versions of WP is fully compatible with HHVM. Only outdated plugins weren’t.
If you also want to try HHVM with your WordPress blog or any PHP-based web app you made, check out this introduction to HHVM: https://docs.hhvm.com/hhvm/installation/introduction
It’s pretty @#[email protected]^$501^@#$^ aaaWWWwESOME!!!!
More from my site
- W3TC: Remove query strings from static resources quick tip Just a quick tip for those who are using the famous W3TC (W3 Total Cache) caching plugin for WordPress. If you're a Page-Load-Speed freak, and you're checking how fast your blog loads day […]
- Paano na ang WWW, kung walang PHP? Ngayon ko lang nalaman napaka imporante pala ng PHP sa buhay ng world wide web. Pano kung walang PHP? lahat ng website ay static, lahat ng website patay, lahat ng website hindi buhay, […]
- Weird WordPress Bug: latest post becomes a site name I just found out about this today, and I thought it's a WordPress bug. It's actually an All In One SEO Pack bug. After upgrading to All In One SEO Pack version 2.3.11, my latest blog post […]
- Last Day at Savant Huhuhu, this would be my very last day here in Savant, bukas ng madaling araw nasa ADEC na me! waaaaaa!!Pano na to di na ako makaka internet everyday, bugbug ang trabaho ko doon sa […]
- Fixed ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Activated https + MaxCDN EdgeSSL + Cloudflare Full Strict SSL Before 2016 ends, I made sure that this blog is more secure. Just like most WordPress users (and since SSL is now for free, thanks to Letsencrypt), I activated SSL at jehzlau-concepts.com! […]