Autorun.inf is a file instruction associated with the Autorun function. It is a simple text-based configuration file that tells the operating system which executable file to start, which icon to use and what are menu commands available commonly used for CD to automatically play its contents
Its autorun capability makes it a favorite target for malware, spyware. Once worm or trojan virus is associated with the autorun.inf file the virus will spread like a wild fire.
Once the Autorun.inf is infected it is not easy to delete it. If you do the normal delete command, the autorun.inf keep coming back after you remove it.
Here is a way how to remove the infected Autorun.inf permanently:
1. Boot your system in safemode
2. Open your flash drive via command prompt (start>>run>>cmd.exe)
3. Activate your flash drive (e.g. flash drive is in J:, just type J:on the command prompt – don’t forget to press enter)
4. Type ATTRIB -H -R -S AUTORUN.INF then press “Enter”
5. Reboot your PC
More from my site
- Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens Beach Escapade A lot of people are searching for the Beach Escapade of Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens. Here are some pictures of Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens on Beach. […]
- Wow Jehz! Great work so far! Weeeeee! I was commended by Sir George (My Boss) for another great work.. So far? It's always been so far.. hehehe.. But it's the 5th Great Work phrase from him. I'm so happy that my first […]
- Vedio: Defined and Elaborated Vedio is a 5 letter word that is undefined in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. People from Morocco often misspells the word Video as Vedio. Algerians, […]
- Just Another Year-End Post This is just another year-end post. To fulfill the so-called yearly "blogger's tradition", I'll be writing my 4th year-end post in this blog. 2009 was a great year and a lot of […]
- Who’s part of the PLDT Ultera Barkada family? I recently heard about the reveal of the PLDT Ultera barkada from PLDT Home’s website. You can also see it through the Youtube video below that was published a few weeks ago. Check it out […]
- It’s almost over… The most prestigious mini-SEO contest by Marhgil Macuha will soon end. The verdict would be tomorrow, January 4, 2007, at exactly 8:00 PM. This would be a win or lose situation for me. […]